View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 06:42 AM   #7
M4enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 22' M4 Comp Conv; 21' X5 M Sp

Do Your Due Diligence

As a 6x BMW vehicle owner, I now must question my long-time (22 years) loyalty and committed to the brand. As you think about purchasing a BMW via military sales and having service performed at a local / servicing BMW dealership. I would consider all options - other auto maker's military sales programs before committing to BMW as they do not honor the routine cyclic maintenance / service (you paid for when purchasing the vehicle via military sales) i.e., oil service on U.S. specification vehicles overseas. All cycle maintenance must be paid out of pocket vice under warranty in the U.S. Further, BMW Corporate, Military Sales Program or Dealership is reluctant in taking responsibility for faulty workmanship.

Case/Point: M4 Competition purchased via military sales program; within months of receiving vehicle, leather on door handles began to peel; stitching on seats were problematic; constant squeaking brakes (when applying) and rattling in the dash. Clearly a lack of quality control and craftsmanship/workmanship problem from the factory!

As a concerned consumer / owner of two BMWs (2021 X5 M Sport and a 2022 M4 Competition Cabrio), do your due diligence; weigh the pros and cons before making your next purchase via military sales overseas and having the vehicle remain in the overseas environment long-term until your Permeant Change of Station back to the U.S. Cost of cyclic maintenance i.e. oil changes, filter changes etc. will eat into the cost savings at time of purchase.

Concerned owner.
Appreciate 0