View Single Post
      06-08-2023, 12:50 PM   #1
Scott_Oakville
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5d

2021 G05 40i Msport CPO Purchase, thoughts after 2weeks

Traded in the 2018 F15 Msport 35d for a 2021 G05 40i Msport, carbon black, on black. While I very much like the truck, and I feel the deal I scored in this difficult climate was exceptional, some of my concerns after two-weeks of driving:

- I'm used to Comfort seats, this one has Sports seats. I'm 6'2, about 230lbs. It's taking some getting used to, and on some days I actually feel that these seats force me to maintain better posture .. on other days I just can't find a comfortable position. Something odd I noticed; when I come out of the gym and I'm fully stretched I feel like these seats are actually superior to the Comforts. However, on days where I've been sitting at a desk all day it's near painful to drive for extended periods.

- I'm missing Harman Kardon sound on this one, the HIFI set up is beyond horrible. After researching, I've ordered a Audiotec Fischer Match8 to be installed by a local shop who is familiar with this upgrade. At first I didn't believe that better power + tuning would correct much on it's own, however after playing around with an EQ on my phone I've got proof of concept that indeed it should. Night/Day even with simply dropping the mids and correcting the depth - the system wakes up just on that alone. I will update once I have that installed.

- Disappointed with the lack of USB, and 12V connections. I hate a mess of wires all over and would typically use the center console 12V to power multiple devices where a cable could be concealed as it came out of the console. Let alone there's no 12V outlet in the console, even plugging into the single USB connection is a hassle given there's no give on the armrest doors to open/close with a cable coming out. I know what BMW wants .. for me to use wireless Android Auto / Car Play, and leave the phone on the wireless charger. That's not realistic in my case. I've ordered the product below and plan to plug into the rear seat outlet, while leaving the hub in the console.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDZ6V1Y4...roduct_details

- Car is equipped with the 20inch, non staggered all season setup. After years of having a staggered setup, lower profiles, etc I'm good with the more comfy, and cost effective ride. HOWEVER I'm experiencing something very disturbing with what I would call "dift", and "ping pong". The best I can describe it; feels like I'm constantly driving on a windy day - even though it's not windy. Car pulls to the right, and left regardless of road conditions. And with the lane assist on, it gets almost dangerous with the constant ping-pong of being tossed around. It's more exaggerated at highway speeds; you have to be very conscious of where the truck is even on straightaways. I've already had a couple of near incidents. In searching, I see I'm not the only one who has experienced this issue on a G05. I've booked the truck in for service, and we'll see what they say - this dealership seems very eager to fix the issue. Hopefully it's something simple (alignment, tire defect, etc), however I haven't found a thread yet discussing the issue where the owner found resolution.

Assuming the drift can be fixed, I very much like the truck. Interior is a huge upgrade from the F15, and the power is awesome. I think overtime I'll come to appreciate the Sport seats, and maybe even prefer them over comfort. I'm pretty confident I was using the comfort seats in ways that were most likely unhealthy for my posture.

I'll post pictures of her on the next wash.

Look forward to any comments / questions.
Appreciate 0