View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
Paul645
Bob
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Call me crazy, but I'm not happy with the way my X5 handles. The vehicle is overly susceptible to crosswinds and even small variations in otherwise smooth highway pavement. To me, the way the vehicle drives is not "comfortable," and it requires constant steering corrections. I also have a 2013 328i and a Silverado crew cab 2500... Both of those vehicles offer more comfortable, steady driving dynamics.

I've taken the vehicle to the dealer and they say nothing is wrong. They declined to check the alignment as the vehicle has 5K miles. I also tried a set of 20" non-runflat tires, but there's not much difference in the driving dynamics.

Other than blindspot vehicle detection and intervention, I disabled all other steering assist functionality. Based on previous experience with wheels/tires, 19" wheels may address my dissatisfaction. If not, I'll have to make some hard decisions.

When I first purchased the X5 I also purchased an extra set of OEM 20" wheels for winter tires, but my plans and the need for winter tires changed.
Appreciate 0