Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I can confirm that BimmerLink (from the maker of BimmerCode) does open the flap. The car needs to be engine-running, however. I did use this technique to open the flap and pull the cable to have it stick open.
what adaptor are you using? i'm using OBDLink MX+ with BimmerLink and can't hear it opening or closing at all. Also when i hit "Open" it goes right back to "Auto"...
Same adaptor. Try what homerrr suggests — in the meantime I'll check my settings to see if they match his suggestion.
yeah lmk your settings when you get a chance. thanks
My settings are similar to homerrr:

Type: electric
Timeout: no
Slave present: Automatic

Definitely seems to work.
So reviving this - I can't seem to find the setting section in Bimmerlink where i can change these settings for the exhaust flap once i change it to open. Any idea?
Not clear what you're asking, but taking a guess ... Bimmerlink opens the flap, you need to use another technique to keep it open: a) unplug fuse, b) pull the control cable, or c) without using Bimmerlink at all, pull the coupling pin and tie off the flap with a wire.

Everything other than the fuse requires getting under car, a small socket set, and small pliers. I don't believe anyone has yet found a coding to keep the flap open, Bimmerlink rather only gives you control to open it when and ONLY WHILE the engine is running.
I am referring to changing the settings within the app that you have mentioned. I am talking about the Settings like type, time out and slave that you have mentioned. I had done that in the past when I got the app for the first time but I had to delete and download the app again for whatever reason it was not working and since then I have not been able to find the settings section
Appreciate 0