03-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
I have been working out religiously for the past 2 months or so. Although I started at least 4 months ago, I didn't really get serious until 2 months after I started. I have been going up in weight slowly but surely. However my bench never seems to go up, sitting at a solid 30 on both sides for 5 reps.

I have been going every other day, alternating between upper body and lower body on those days. On upper body day I do 3 sets 5 reps of bench, few 5 rep sets of flys, few 10 rep sets of skull crushers, few 5 set reps of isolation biceps, some shoulders, and all that good stuff. I know my technique is correct, yet I seem to not be gaining much muscle mass. I take protein after every work out. What gives?

I tried some NO Shotgun today, (similar to NO explode) and it did nothing for me except give me a bit of a head ache and made my hands tense up. I took one scoop on an empty stomach.

Are there any supplements I should be trying?

TL;DR: I am going to the gym religiously with good technique and I am not gaining muscle mass like I think I should be. Are there any supplements I should be trying? Any other ideas?
Your rep range is wrong for what you're trying to do. You can supplement until you're blue in the face, but if you don't know how to eat, train, repair, and you don't have good digestion you're in an uphill battle.
Appreciate 0