View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #6
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter11 View Post
Lastly, my connected drive now works, with the exception of the 3d remote view. I called BMW and they said it has been disabled for at least a month. Is that what everyone is experiencing?
Coincidentally, I was told this just today. First, 3d remove view was working for me up to 8/29 when my CD account was broken with the vehicle not showing up when logging in online. Called CD, who created a ticket. Several days later my vehicle would show up when logging in online, but my CD phone app could not see the vehicle. Again, a ticket was created. Still not working a couple of weeks later, I called today and this time the rep I talked with noted that my wife's email address was mapped to the vehicle instead of mine. She mapped my email address to the vehicle and immediately the phone app could see the vehicle.

After hanging up I tried remote 3d view and the app states it is not enabled in the vehicle. Check in the vehicle and, indeed, it is enabled. Tried disabling and re-enabling to no effect.

Called CD back explained the phone app connection was 'fixed' just 10 minutes ago but no remote 3d view and this rep stated it has been disabled with no plans for when or if it would be re-enabled. I complained and he then asked for my VIN, whereupon he stated this was a 'recent' vehicle and connected a Genius rep, who stated that it would take some time (perhaps several hours) for the system to update and re-enable my remote 3d view (still waiting for this to happen). This is quite a different story than the first rep told me.

Having dealt with Connected Drive reps on many occasions now, starting with difficulties getting it working after taking delivery of the vehicle and more recently fixing it after they'd broken it, it's clear to me that most of the CD reps have little understanding of the problems or an idea of how to diagnose them. Instead of saying "I don't know, let me pass you on to someone who might", they respond with meaningless and usually inaccurate information, then create a ticket (which I've come to believe is a euphemism for trash canning the problem). Then, usually after many contacts, you will come across a rep who actually has some idea about how to diagnose a problem and, when they do, the fix is simple and immediate.

It's a sad state of affairs and speaks extremely poorly about BMW's support of their vehicles in the context of Connected Drive features.
Appreciate 0