vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If I ran a private company IT system, I'd have it locked down tighter than a drum. Nothing is worse for a company than having your servers and desktops taken over with ransomware. And an engineering firm probably has a lot of intellectual property to protect. They have every right to be overly protective of that.
I don't know what it is with the entitled millennials who think that work is an extension of the Friends coffee shop, where Internet access is free and they don't need to actually earn a pay check.

There are several industries where EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO ON A COMPUTER must be logged, archived, and is subject to e-discovery by lawyers on a whim. Being the person who has to fulfill those e-discovery requests for my employer, I BEG my colleagues not to use their work computers for any personal stuff. I can't tell you the personal stuff that I've seen come up in searches, just that everything that matches the requested search filter is turned over.

If you're bored, the entire corporate e-mail archive for Enron is available publicly online to peruse, and used for training in forensic searches.....
zx10guy5149.50
MKSixer34173.50
c1pher4656.50