CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I don't know what it is with the entitled millennials who think that work is an extension of the Friends coffee shop, where Internet access is free and they don't need to actually earn a pay check.

There are several industries where EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO ON A COMPUTER must be logged, archived, and is subject to e-discovery by lawyers on a whim. Being the person who has to fulfill those e-discovery requests for my employer, I BEG my colleagues not to use their work computers for any personal stuff. I can't tell you the personal stuff that I've seen come up in searches, just that everything that matches the requested search filter is turned over.

If you're bored, the entire corporate e-mail archive for Enron is available publicly online to peruse, and used for training in forensic searches.....
It has zero to do with millennials, FYI. I've worked with people of all ages who didn't GAF and were fired for abusing the internet during work hours.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3