Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
So after use only a few times over the last 36 hours, I've notice either a bug or bugs right away. Once in the car, it continues playing automatically around where it left off outside the car; that's nice. But I've now already had multiple times where then it suddenly interrupts a minute or so later and starts playing something entirely random, not even related to anything I would ever listen to. I also now had it show one song and play another over and over non-stop, even when changing to the next song (which then displayed as currently playing but wasn't) — there is something really weird about seeing Led Zeppelin and AC/DC on the display and hearing an upbeat ambient instrumental, over and over.

I am on 11/2019.40. Looking forwards to fixes. I guess since this is an app, the updates might come quicker.
This might be a Spotify issue. I've had the same or similar when first connecting Spotify to multiple different Bluetooth sources that do or don't have the Spotify app, both of our cars (Mercedes and Toyota) as well as numerous Bluetooth speakers. Exact same sort of thing, in the vehicle it'll get stuck showing the first song it played or continue a song on repeat.

I've always had to quit the app on my phone and then open it again, not sure what the fix is for the idrive.
I actually have never experienced quite that exact set of issues on any other Spotify platform (iPhone native, iPhone over BT to car or to speaker, Sonos streaming Spotify, Windows and MacOS desktops). Sure, some other things I might describe as mild bugs, but nothing like that. Lucky, perhaps.

My IDrive Spotify App version is currently 3.6.9, by the way (Option button on any song).