08-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #75
tico12
tico12
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG; awaiting 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Well you brought up the Porsche Turbo so I wanted to comment to that. My bad as I did not elaborate all too well in my earlier retort. What I was getting at was that even with my 997.2 PDK Turbo being faster than a stock one; it still got a ton of its power robbed by the AWD system up top. This car is incredible but over speeds of 130mph it would come back to life. We all know these speeds dont occur daily but for the sake of the dialogue here i thought it was relevant to show what AWD can do to a car in the upper speed spectrum.

With more power anything can be overcome of course- GTR's case in point.
I brought up the Turbo(standard) simply to demonstrate that several great manufacturers are implementing this technology in their top-of-the-line products. And I think they are doing this for good reason...performance. If I am not mistaken, C4S with added weight outruns C2S in perfect conditions, and most certainly if the weather is not ideal??.

Sure, there will be less fun, feel and drifting, but as we know that's not the goal of these manufacturers. As has been said, all 4WD's are not created equal. I also prefer the feel of pure RWD, but in the real world, try driving at speed with a bit of rain/light snow/ice and then tell me you can perform better with RWD. Where I live in the N.E. that is a reality.

BTW, noticed you avoided my ?? On next-gen M5 possibility of 4WD as power and technology inevitably increase.

BTW, evn when I have tracked my C63, it was very rare and only for a few seconds that I was over 130mph. You guys are apparently at another level....maybe someday
2009, C63 AMG, Pall. Silver/Oyster
2014, M5, AB/Silverstone. ON ORDER
Appreciate 0