Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Wow, default in Eco Pro for something with at least real-life 350hp ... would not be my choice, but it is the safe choice.

Now if I could program the car to automatically switch to Eco Pro with ACC enable and then automatically switch back to previous mode with ACC disable, I'd buy that for a dollar.
Mine is actually the other way around. Be default ACC is turned off (via bimmercode) as soon as i turn on eco pro, it enables ACC back on till i switch back to comfort or any other driving mode.
Hm, to each his own I suppose, but I understand neither the mechanism nor the logic of your wish.

- ACC = adaptive cruise control, which I and many of us almost always pair with lane tracking mode as well as utilize assisted lane change facility; that is, mostly computer control of all aspects of driving the car

- ACC is a feature that you NEVER want turned on as a side effect of any other change as safety is involved; as implemented and the sole and only method of turning on ACC manually by the driver is exceedingly the right way to do it

- when I am in control of the car, being a geeky alpha human and having given up an M3 for the practicality of the G05 X5, I want everything to the red line, literally and figuratively: tight, aggressive, noisy, responsive, visceral - hence I start and drive manually in Sport Pro, have my DINANtronics Sport unit set to Race Mode, fill up on highest street octane available here, and happily trade off the fuel economy for that connection to machine and road

- when computers are mostly in control of the car, none of that matters AT ALL, and hence I always switch to Eco Pro after switching on ACC — why waste fuel on a computer that doesn't care about the driving experience in the least

- hence why I want ACC on to trigger Eco Pro and ACC off to trigger last driving mode (which for me would always be Sport Plus, but why limit the imaginary function needlessly)

That's my logic. What's yours?