View Single Post
      06-12-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
XsltAnalyst
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 957 Cayenne

Day 1: Baltimore-Frankfurt-Munich

When searching for flights, I found out that the Condor Airlines has seasonal cheap flights to Frankfurt from Baltimore during summer months. This meant that I didn't have to drive far to other regional airports. Instead, I could have someone drop me off at the airport and save on parking.

So I booked a flight from Baltimore to Munich, which meant that I had to switch the planes when I got to Frankfurt.

However, on the day of departure (May 15), the Baltimore to Frankfurt part of the flight was delayed by about 2 hours and 45 mins . This meant that I had to make it to my connecting flight (Frankfurt- Munich) within 45 mins. Had to get thru x ray machines, passport control and run to my gate and somehow made it few minutes before they stopped boarding. This part of the trip was good, since the actual flight time from Frankfurt to Munich was only 35 minutes and Lufthansa has pretty good on board service.

Anyway, once I got to Munich, I had a SIXT driver waiting for me, in a brand new BMW 7 series. This taxi ride was provided for free by BMW, as a part of European Delivery package.

For the next two nights I stayed in a hotel near downtown and explored the city.
Attached Images

Last edited by XsltAnalyst; 06-13-2016 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 7