07-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #25
indyg30
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M50i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmb View Post
I'm also having a hard time with the garage door programming. I have a rolling code style system- followed the directions in the manual and a few youtube videos which basically are the same drill of clearing the codes and putting my opener in learn mode then hitting one of the mirror buttons three times. No luck at all and for whatever reason everytime I try it my garage door remotes are getting wiped and I have to reprogram them. What gives? I did the same method on my now long gone MDX and it worked fine.

For rolling code system, hold the button on the remote, close to the mirror then hold the button you want to be programmed. when the light blinks, run to the garbage opener and press learn, then run back to your car and just hold the button you wanted to program again for 5 seconds then release, then hold again, until it's working, and you'll know it's work, usually the second "hold" will set up the link. It'll take you literately 1 min or less to do this, hopefully this will work for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M50i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmb View Post
I'm also having a hard time with the garage door programming. I have a rolling code style system- followed the directions in the manual and a few youtube videos which basically are the same drill of clearing the codes and putting my opener in learn mode then hitting one of the mirror buttons three times. No luck at all and for whatever reason everytime I try it my garage door remotes are getting wiped and I have to reprogram them. What gives? I did the same method on my now long gone MDX and it worked fine.

For rolling code system, hold the button on the remote, close to the mirror then hold the button you want to be programmed. when the light blinks, run to the garbage opener and press learn, then run back to your car and just hold the button you wanted to program again for 5 seconds then release, then hold again, until it's working, and you'll know it's work, usually the second "hold" will set up the link. It'll take you literately 1 min or less to do this, hopefully this will work for you

First time in 4 cars, I've been able to get the remote programmed in the car. BMW should hire you to clarify the Manual
Appreciate 0