01-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #56
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSixxx View Post
Just to report back...

I finally got a chance to get her out after removing the carbon filters. Traffic was a bit too much to feel if there are any real power gains to be had (no WOT pulls), BUT I did feel like there were some sound gains. It could totally have been the placebo effect, but I thought she did sound a bit deeper on normal driving in Comfort mode.

I'm sure there has to be a little performance gain. I mean, after all, you removed potentially as much as 50% of the engines breathing capability. That has to be worth something! Same will go for when you replace the OEM paper filter with a BMC. More flow should mean more power, right? Of course, those true numbers will only be had when/if someone does a dyno before and after installation. I'm not planning on doing that...but I'd be grateful if someone actually does!

Wasn't there reports of the M850i guys getting, like, 25-30 HP gain...? Sounds crazy to me.

At any rate, again, could just be my imagination, but removing the carbon filters made the exhaust seem better/deeper and that's all I was hoping for anyway. Will be interesting to see if that trend continues when the BMC filters are installed, too.
I'll let you know. Mine will be here next week.

Truthfully, I don't expect much. 25-30hp? No way.

Honestly, realistically, I would say 10-12. Not much more.

Maybe a bit more sound.... i definitely prefer to clean when I need to versus finding another filter set. That's a perk too.

For a car enthusiast, they are a necessity.... because even 5hp is worth it.

For everyone else? Not so much.
Appreciate 1
XSixxx26.00