03-16-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2018 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I actually know someone who does this for a living!! Here is the answer, they all get the fuel from the same source per region. After that is delivered each parent brand puts the additives based on volume, then sends for distribution. The other version of this procedure is the additives are added directly to the distribution tanker before delivery that day. During delivery the driver will check water content on top of the fuel storage (at station) and will remove anything more than 16" of standing water. It's quite interesting, there is room for mistakes during that process and some smaller chains won't always pay for the additives each fill up but they are there. Fuel inspections also happen daily at different location not always the same one so to insure the mixtures are accurate for the customer (if advertised) and the correct amount was billed to the station. I'm positive around the nation there are different methods but hope this gives a bit of light on the topic.
Cool, thanks.
So basically in some cases it may be up to the driver.

Personally i used to fill up my F16 with Shell premium for the first couple of years. Then one day i decided to pour regular...and did not notice any difference.
So now i just buy use those "bottles" to clear up the fuel system once in a while and stick with regular for both BMW and Raptor. Both X6 and the truck run great and i save a ton of money.

But if course this is a sensitive topic and there will never be a consensus. I get that. So this is just me recommending regular gas from a respective brand and a new gas station (so no foreign crap gets through from rusty tanks/pumps) plus this thing. I got a corp Shell card...so it's not that bad!
Appreciate 1
Tenac4539.50