View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 01:47 AM   #14
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Dude. Your dealer has absolutely NOTHING to do with your new vehicle warranty, which is a contract between you and BMWNA; not your dealer.

Further, your BMW dealer is an independent business and legally no different from any tuner shop; at best your dealer/SA may not instantly flag your car as tuned, but that's it.

Understand this:
If your car requires warranty work FOR ANYTHING, but especially anything big and costly, you are under high risk of being denied warranty work by BMWNA, and your dealer won't lie for you. If BMWNA asks your dealer for data on you, your dealer will provide it and your BMWNA warranty is toast. BMWNA doesn't have to prove a thing to deny warranty work and they can eliminate your warranty at any time.

Further, any tuner "warranty" is NOT a warranty; at best, it's tuner-insurance against anything big the tuner *agrees* is the fault of the tune (which won't be much, if anything).
Oops, EDIT: and it turns out per Ninefourteener's post CarBahn will only cover CarBahn stuff! so if your engine blows, $35,000 later you'll get CarBahn components covered.

The assurances you've mentioned are legally worthless.
That’s odd because you clearly didn’t read just like 914 didn’t read. Let me quote again...

“The warranty will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective CarBahn Autoworks' component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer component(s) that may have been directly affected by a CarBahn Autoworks component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts.”

Honestly, choose the tune that works for you. I get it. I also understand MO at DME, and Jordan at RK, etc. are likely putting down slightly higher numbers for the same cost tune only and half the price with tune plus warranty. I am not arguing that.

Furthermore, I agree that BMWNA will 100% know the car is flashed with tripped torque targets on the DME and TCU. We are in agreement.

I am simply stating what CarBahn notes, my dealer has confirmed, and multiple members in my CCA have experienced and that is your will get your vehicle repaired under warranty. If BMWNA denies the claim then CarBahn paid. My Sales manager confirmed. My SA manager confirmed. This is from a gigantic dealer moving a lot of cars. Why this bothers anyone and turns into a crap fest is beyond me.

This is an option. Options are good. Choose the option that best fits your needs.

Lastly, we still have not seen a dyno from CarBahn or a user. Until we get that, this is website claims so let’s move one step at a time.
Appreciate 0