11-15-2020, 02:02 PM   #1
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Need coding help for annoying auto locking doors

Hi all,

I'm requesting some assistance in coding my wife's X7. I didn't see a coding section in the X7 forum, but figure the X5 community will still be able to help and likely has more active members anyhow. Side note - why can't Bimmerpost have a single coding section instead of one for each vehicle chassis so more people can view the posts and offer help?

Using Bimmercode and a newly purchase OBD adapter (vgate vLinker MC+ Bluetooth as recommended by Bimmercode for the X7), I was able to connect and successfully code out a few of the annoying features e.g. passenger side-view mirror tilt on reverse, auto start/stop reset, etc.

Here's my question:

How do I code out the automatic locking of the doors? This car has been annoying the absolute hell out of both of us due to the doors locking all the time. If we forgot one of the kids' toys, a wallet, purse, etc. and walk into the garage to go grab something from inside the car, the doors are ALWAYS locked.

In regular coding mode (not Expert Mode), I was able to increase the "auto locking door" timer to the max of 10 minutes, but this only applies if the doors were locked and then unlocked without anyone opening any of the doors afterwards - if no one opens the door, the doors will automatically re-lock after 10 minutes. This feature still doesn't solve our problem because as soon as the person with a key in their pocket walks inside the house, the doors lock themselves and the other person has to scream inside the house, "HEY WILL YOU UNLOCK THESE STUPID DOORS PLEASE??!" LOL

Can someone teach me where in Expert Mode I can find the parameters to eliminate auto-locking the doors? I want to set it so that if the doors are unlocked, they stay unlocked forever. I do not want comfort access to automatically lock the doors when I walk away with the key in my pocket, and I do not want a 10-minute limit before the doors re-lock themselves.

Also, I'm not sure what is happening, but there are times when only the driver's door is unlocked, but the rest of the doors remain locked. I want to ensure that every time the car is put in Park, all the doors automatically unlock and stay unlocked forever.

HELP PLEASE! This car is annoying the shit out of us.