12-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #237
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Rumor has it they are considering keeping the name 'Football Team'. As a lifelong Redskins fan I am actually warming up to the idea. I like the new uniforms; they have a classy, simple, and 'old school' look to them. And let's face it, if you're really, really good it almost doesn't matter what the name of your team is.
I'm not a fan of football anymore since politics got into it and inadvertent head collisions became penalties along with the defenseless receiver rule. I grew up a rabid Redskins fan; my dad had season tickets from 1962 to 2007.

But the world with social media the way it is and the idiocy that goes with it, all teams should be nameless, because most all can be found offensive to someone. My examples.

Cowboys - Misogynist (I'm okay with Cowpersons)
Buccaneers - celebrates criminals of the high seas who rape and pillage
Falcons - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Chargers - promotes energy production that causes global warming
Raiders - celebrates criminals of the high seas who rape and pillage
Chiefs - related to American Indians and promotes tribal warfare and the taking of slaves
Ravens - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Giants - insulting and not inclusive of people of small stature
Titans - insulting and not inclusive of people of weak nature
Texans - Misogynist (i.e. another name for Cowboy)
Vikings - celebrates criminals who invade lands of others who rape and pillage those persons
Eagles - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Jets - promotes world-wide travel via a carbon-fueled vehicle, which contributes to global warming
Broncos - Misogynist (i.e. another name for Cowboy)
Patriots - Jingoistic, celebrates the creation of the USA and represents the displacement of American Indians to the American Indian Reservation system
Packers - represents the meat packing industry, which promotes the killing of innocent animals for the sake of food, and contributes to global warming
Seahawks - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Saints - promotes the Catholic Religion
Cardinals - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Bears - implies a wild animal to be feared, thus promotes hunting and the slaughter of innocent animals based on unfounded reasoning

Rams - promotes head-to-head collisions, which is indifferent to NFL rules and policy against head injuries
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-13-2020 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410784.50
GERMAN M34182.00