SSJTrunks523
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhenka View Post
I've built quite a few PC's and laptops. Name brands don't mean anything unless you get a mac.

1) what do you plan on doing with it? Ie. Video editing, Web browsing, Downloading/ streaming movies, using tv's as extra displays? You mentioned work (without getting into too much detail) is it just basic outlook and office work or will you be running power hungry programs?

2) Budget. Self explanatory.

3) style. How portable does it need to be? Do you prefer a lighter or heavier Laptop. Do you mind a plastic body or would you prefer an aluminum frame?

4) How long does your battery need to last you?

5) Do you need a physical Keyboard or can you travel with one that can sync up with your device?
OP said $600 budget, so we don't have a lot to work with.

Mac is more of an OS than a brand in this case. Brands at different price points have their strength's and weaknesses. I suggest different brands for different purposes. They all have their uses, you just need to play them to your needs. I sell A LOT of hardware from every brand imaginable. There are definitely differences. Like a last poster said, just down to how a trackpad is on a certain make/model can make you choose a different system.

Good questions for the OP in general though. Those are all important for us to know what is really best for you as an individual. 3) is difficult. Searching by "aluminum frame" is something that I have been asked to do in the past. Huge PITA lol

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition
Appreciate 0