View Single Post
      08-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #42
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I like my current Dell XPS 13. Build quality has been good. All metal chassis. I opted for the non touch screen as I found myself not using a touch screen capable 2in1 prior to moving to this laptop. It has an i5 that has enough power to do most everything I want out of it in power saver mode. I'm getting an honest 8 to 10 hours of battery life from the laptop before having to plug back in. Charging is pretty quick. I think I can get a full charge from near empty in about 2 to 3 hours.

You may want to look at the bigger XPS 15 as you'll have more drive options on that one. Also, I would look on Dell's outlet section. You'll find some great deals there on units that are either refurbished, scratch/dent, or cancelled orders. It's an even better deal when Dell runs some of their promos on outlet items. There was a XPS outlet sale a few months ago where Dell was offering an additional 30% off on in stock XPS outlet models. If you time it right, you can get a very decent laptop for that $600 budget.

The XPS 13 I have was bought off the outlet store and it came in what looked like brand new condition. Plus all outlet products carry a full warranty along with the same return policy as a new unit.
Appreciate 3
R3dliner934.50
sygazelle11403.00