View Single Post
      02-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

BMW denying full refund for CarPlay after making it free

Anyone else having trouble getting a refund for a purchased "lifetime" CarPlay subscription after BMW elected to make it free?

I purchased my 2019 X5 on Dec 21 2018 so when I was coming up for CarPlay renewal on 12/21/19. So - in Oct 2019 (prior to BMW's decision to make it free), I went ahead and pre-paid $318 for a lifetime subscription - which BMW lets you do 3 months prior to expiration, so there is no loss of service - all good. But then BMW decides to make it free - great!

After the "free CarPlay" announcement on 12/4/19, I called BMW (my CarPlay trial had still not yet expired) and they told me I'd get a full refund. I received nothing after waiting the 7-8 weeks BMW said it would take to process the refund. I called BMW today and they're now telling that they can only refund a pro-rated amount of $220. Whaaaaat?

Leaves me to wonder how many others paid for the service and are unaware that the program was made free prior to their trial expiring - never to receive any $$ back.

Way to turn a positive into a negative BMW. I'm going to challenge the charge via my credit card company. Pain in the ass.

Last edited by lumpydog; 02-05-2020 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: typoes
Appreciate 0