Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Emme Tres

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
A couple things that are holding me back right now...

How does one obtain a Nascar? I've completed the Jeff Gordon Nascar challenges, but only won with bronzes and didn't get a car Do I need to go for silver?

How did you guys win your first race cars? I can't complete Like The Wind in A-Spec with a Veyron because there are turns, lol.

I also saw something in another thread about using a '69 Camaro (coverted to a race car) or a fully modded Countach to win the Historic Race Car series. I'll have to try that

One tip that I can offer is to complete the GT All-Stars series (the second to last in the Expert races), I used the '07 Mazda Furai Concept fully modded. This car was won in B-Spec in the Mazda Miata race series. The competition has 600-800+ HP and the Mazda only has 570hp but it only weighs 675kg and takes any of those cars in the twisties
This is all regarding A-Spec mode:

As I posted in another thread, the Jaguar XJ13 may become available for free in a few days (Dec. 24). This could be a solid car in the classic race. I'd hold out and see if we get the free DLC rather than waste time or money with the others. I believe there is a facebook application that allows you to win a code for the XJ13 as well by setting up grudge matches with friends. If we don't get the Jaguar, I'd probably try the 69 Camaro race conversion as I am hearing that it works easily from several others.

As for the all star series, I smoked the competition with the Toyota Minolta Race Car you earn by completing Like the Wind. To beat Like the Wind I used the gamestop preorder Race McLaren F1. I realize most people don't have this car, so I would go the Vette ZR1 racecar route if I had to do it again without the McLaren.