03-26-2021, 05:52 AM   #34
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I get the point you're making. Yes, I agree that the lambo is definitely more prestigious than a BMW.

I wish I could afford one, but that ain't gonna happen, lol. As much as I would be happy driving an Aventador.. I would still be a bit bummed out of a corvette spanked me in a test of speed and skill.

I guess you're referring to people who buy cars as status symbols and don't really drive them and make them garage queens, don't care about the performance associated with their trophy.

On the other hand, as a car enthusiast who values true skill, performance and a vehicle's capabilities, would be disappointed if I were to spend so much money on a car designed to be one of the best, only to get dusted off by something less difficult to aquire.
Honestly, if that were the case more people would be buying Alfa Giulia and Stelvio. One of my friends has a 2020 Stelvio QV and it's his DD, I drove it a few times and it shames my X50i in terms of pure driving dynamics and general theatre and costs about the same...he's had zero issues with it since he's had it.
Appreciate 0