Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlou View Post
OK update on my issue, I brought my X5 back to service to have the TRSVC control unit replaced after waiting for the part to arrive from Germany. Here is how the service report reads:

INSTALLED NEW TRSVC CONTROL UNIT IN VEHICLE AND ENCODED/PROGRAMMED VEHICLE. UPON GOING INTO REVERSE, RECEIVED MESSAGE OF "CAMERA MALFUNCTION" ON IDRIVE SCREEN WITH NO VIDEO FEED. SPOKE TO FOREMAN AND REOPENED TSARA CASE. FOUND THAT WHEN REPLACING NEW TRSVC WITH OLD MODULE, CAMERA NOW WORKS AND IS ALIGNED PROPERLY. HARD RESET ON TRSVC FIXED ISSUE.

So, kind of following suit to the title of my post, again another visit with strange results. In this case, it worked out ok since in the end my issue is resolved. But, the overall experience on how this issue was resolved by BMW is very strange. It feels more like blind luck vs systematic diagnostics that worked in my case. And not sure how to read the fact my original TRSVC control unit that was deemed defective turns out to be good, and the replacement TRSVC control unit sent from Germany turns out to be defective.

Anyways, still love my X5. So far this has been my only issue leading to a dealership visit, which is overall fairly minor and did end up getting resolved.
Thanks for the update and what a mess. This entire situation was the exact opposite of getting to root cause. The "fix" was clearly random in this context.