Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
thank you, the doubled edged sword is I'm not stuck in the office all day but might be traveling more than I want at the same time. It's an opportunity to do something that'll further improve my background within my field while also getting a 20% raise so I can't complain.
Totally understand. I've worked both sides with Intel, and both are rewarding in their own ways. Hope this works out well for you!
Intel as in the Chipset company? I have a good friend who works there and I was offered a job a few years back in their R&D but I had to turn it down. I love the tech side of things and might change career paths to work in a similar role.
Yes, the CPU and chipset company. I spent almost 11 years working as a Field Applications Engineer in the Carolinas and later in Austin TX, then joined the engineering ranks in Oregon for another 17 years. Great timing to be a part of the technology revolution and see it from the inside.
That's really cool, I had to confirm despite their obviously well known name. I see you're in Oregon and I know they have a fab up there.

I can imagine, I've always used Intel CPUs from their HEDT line ask normal consumer one. I had a 9900K until recently when a had motherboard shorted and took that guy out with it. I went back with team red and a 3900X. While AMD used to never be considered they've really impressed me. I'm sure it's a hot topic within Intel from what I'm told. I recently rebuilt my PC again to change things up since I enjoy those projects. I believe the position I was offered had to do with substrate development in their Chandler facility. This was a few years ago so I don't recall all of the details n
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00