08-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #43
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
But a 22-27yo could pay for college with their low wages back then, because the cost of college hadn't exploded

i had friends that paid their entire way through college working at Chili's.

try that now
The University I went to is currently $203 per credit for in-state. A full schedule is 15 credits (5 classes @ 3 credits each). So that's $3k per semester plus books so lets say $4k.. And a semester is around 4 months long so don't tell me you can't make enough money working on the side to pay that off. Not to mention, in Florida if you have a 3.0+ GPA in high school you qualify for Bright Futures scholarship which pays at least 50% of your tuition. The local moes (burrito place) across the street from the university starts at $17 an hour, I don't wanna hear that it's not possible to go to school and pay the tuition at the same time. The issue is all these kids wanting the "college experience" and going away to schools which ends up increasing the cost of living + they party and don't work. If you need to travel/go out of state to attend a school, it better result in a degree that's worth the investment. No one is accountable for their actions nowadays and laziness is a huge issue as well.
Appreciate 5
RickFLM410995.50
3798j11563.00
GTF371.50