03-16-2024, 01:51 PM   #25
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
Rate increase doesn’t affect nem2 users. My worst nightmare is those income base flat rate structures that is being proposed. Under that structure, I will pay $100-month even if I consume net zero from pge. Entirely defeat PV system from cost perspective. And I will never break even.
I think it does make sense to have an access fee monthly. Just because you're offsetting your use sometimes with solar or whatever, you're not off the grid so you should pay for the grid.

I also think it's reasonable to not pay for power put into the grid without meeting a minimum. The ability to use a large battery like an EV or similar to charge at night and then sell back power at a higher rate during the day needs to be curtailed or it will be abused. Frankly, I think there shouldn't be different rates for day and night, while I get that peak demand occurs during the day, the infrastructure has to be in place and paid for to support peak demand, so paying a lower rate at off hours doesn't make a lot of sense for the business.
Appreciate 0