View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #8
Lgb0250
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 435i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogators93 View Post
Hi Everyone. I love all the information here and am hoping for some guidance on the best way to proceed buying my wife a new X5. We have done a couple of test drives at our local dealer and they even worked me up a quote of an M package retail of $72K offering me a $2200 discount. I have read enough here to know that is no deal but in looking at all the deals I have seen you guys posting, it is a bit confusing. So here is a link to my build that I want to order and some questions about how to get the best deal.

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...zlxgzy/summary

1. I want to buy and not lease. Does the % discount below MSRP I have seen posted different between the two? If so, what should I try to get on a purchase that I will order?

2. I live in Florida and noticed that discounts appear to differ in different parts of the country. What should I expect in North Florida?

3. I am thinking of checking out a couple of the auto buying services to see how they do. Which ones are good? I was thinking Carvana and I have access to USAA and Costco.

Thanks for any help and guidance you can offer to help me get the best deal. I'm sure I will have other questions that I have forgotten to ask.
First of all Carvana, USAA and Costco are not true auto buying services. Carvana is basically like CarMax. Just another no haggle dealer. Costco specializes is referrals. USAA is another member referral program.

I bought my last new vehicle using a referral from Costco. What most people unfortunately believe is that whatever price you get from the Costco dealer is written in stone since they give it to you in writing. This is false info. You negotiate with them the same way you do with any other dealer. I negotiated an additional $2K off of the price on my Toyota “Costco Price” plus they waived the proverbial doc fee for Costco members.

USAA is basically the same as Costco in that they provide the referral and the price the dealer gives you is still negotiable downward from there. The kudo of using USAA is on select vehicles they provide a rebate over and above any dealer/manufacturer rebate that may be available. USAA car buying service will currently send you a rebate code that is good for $2000 on a new X5. It’s $4000 fora new Audi Q7. These are over and above any dealer incentives.