View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #2
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
Been on this forum for a while. Lots of useful information. I.am on the edge of pulling the trigger for a 2020 X5 M50i. Anyone from Quebec / Canada here? Few questions:

1) Talked with few dealer in Montreal, I was told that no discount of any sort from BMW Canada. Dealer may give ~$2k off MSRP (~$100k CAD)and that's it. I find it hard to believe especially looking at our friends South of the boarder getting 9%~12% off MSRP.

2) Been in Quebec, regulation is that winter tire is mandatory. Dealer told me that unlike our southern neighbor, Canadian models cannot be ordered with spare tire. Is it so? Kind of sucks because the wheels plus winter tire is another ~4k CAD.

3) I am considering paying cash for the car, but dealer told me that I need to put down another $25k CAD as security deposit for 3month because some ppl export this out of the country (which I know it actually is true). It just make it more difficult from the cash flow point of view. Anybody can confirm this?

Thanks
I thought that export issue was only in B.C. Guess it's Canada-wide, who knew.

I'm in Toronto, but if you were willing to drive to Ottawa, I think you could do a bit better ~6% maybe on a new build. I don't think you're ever going to see those U.S. % discounts up here.

Try Elite in Ottawa
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0