Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
Been on this forum for a while. Lots of useful information. I.am on the edge of pulling the trigger for a 2020 X5 M50i. Anyone from Quebec / Canada here? Few questions:

1) Talked with few dealer in Montreal, I was told that no discount of any sort from BMW Canada. Dealer may give ~$2k off MSRP (~$100k CAD)and that's it. I find it hard to believe especially looking at our friends South of the boarder getting 9%~12% off MSRP.

2) Been in Quebec, regulation is that winter tire is mandatory. Dealer told me that unlike our southern neighbor, Canadian models cannot be ordered with spare tire. Is it so? Kind of sucks because the wheels plus winter tire is another ~4k CAD.

3) I am considering paying cash for the car, but dealer told me that I need to put down another $25k CAD as security deposit for 3month because some ppl export this out of the country (which I know it actually is true). It just make it more difficult from the cash flow point of view. Anybody can confirm this?

Thanks
Salut Zhangyi! I live in the US now but I'm originally from Lévis - my inner québécois can't start things off sans un p'tit salut en français

I've historically heard that the Canadian BMW dealers don't give as good of discounts as their counterparts down in the States. Not sure if their margins are slimmer or incentives not as great or what the deal is. Have you expanded your search out of the Montréal area? There's a dealer in Lévis I've been to that I've heard good things about (sales-wise) and another not far from Centre Vidéotron in Québec City. Maybe shop it around with them to double check pricing you've already gotten if you're cool with a little road trip? Wouldn't be surprised if a smaller dealer might be more apt to make a deal to hit some years end numbers but who knows.

I saved quite a bit on my winter tires ordering online and just keeping the same rims because I like them so much. You look online for pricing or check with some local garages?
I will try dealers outside of Montreal region. My problem is that even I live in Quebec for more than 10yrs now, I don't speak French. I am hoping some dealers in Ottawa region will have a better deal and hopefully they can guide me the process and paperwork necessary to import to Quebec (consider Gatineau is just on the other side of the river)

As far as rim/tire is concedned, I. hate twice every year to make appointment to have tires put on and remove. Would much appreciated to have winter tires on rims, so I can swap the tires myself. Or maybe I can ride on winter tires all year round (just joking)?
Appreciate 0