View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 06:54 PM   #55
bobbis1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan///M View Post
Did you read the super long press release? Seems like an entirely new car. New engine, new transmission, new chassis, new suspension, new steering, etc, etc. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this much new stuff in an LCI.

I’m a little concerned there is no mention of Driving Assistance Professional package or the new Highway Assistant. I use this every day and cannot live without it. Has to be an error.

Also full merino leather is no longer standard. Could have at least made it part of the executive package. When you factor that in, it seems we are looking at a $7,500 price increase.
You might have read through a lot of buzzwords- seems like the true new updates are

-new engine s68
-“updated” trans because of integrated motor but a little unclear if its just shorter ratios 1-3 (wonder if this was done for 0-60 w extra weight?)
-new dsc system branded as “Near-actuator wheel slip limitation“, this is also advertised on iX models without much info
-new “steering gear” (also wonder if this is weight or 48v related?)

But everything else seems identical mechanically. The one thing missing that was discussed as a credible potential is the 48v reliant active suspension bits seen on vw group cars.
Appreciate 0