View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #15
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
Pm me if you want my help using my buddies company to broker your ship. I actually have 2 friends that are part of the company. I co-owner and a manager.

Yes I would ship unless you have access to truck trailer and have time to do the drive. That price seems extremely high. I got my car shipped from PA 10 hours away for 350$ cash on delivery. Add in broker fee u should be closer to 500$ unless prices have went way up in the past year. They do fluctuate but your quote is extremely high regardless. 600$ should be a number you are looking for I would think. Open trailer ship is fine. Especially this time of year with no salt on the roads and it's not a new car.

For me the trust factor was eliminated by my credit union. I did take a loan on the car so now the car is basically theirs, the check gets sent out and if it gets cashed and then you don't receive car or title the bank is the one who goes after them since they are essentially the owner of the vehicle. Check with you local bank or I recommend credit union. There should be a way they will cover you.

Correct. I think ship is the way to go unless you absolutely want to see the car. Being in Massachusetts we really get screwed trying to buy used vehicles out of state. No matter how you slice it it's a hastle.

Glad I could help. Post here or pm me and I can continue to provide my .02
Thanks! I sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0