View Single Post
      11-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #38
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

I placed my week 36 individual 40i order 7/17 and it wasn't delivered to the dealer until 10/30 (built week 43). Wait. Was. Awful. I didn't even get a production number until the first week in September. I was all sorts of moody and emotional about it. LOL. When I knew it was delivered to the dealer, I waited impatiently for them to close that night so I could go and find it on the lot (didn't want them thinking I was THAT person )

When I finally showed up at the dealer to take delivery, numb to the core at that point, it didn't even feel real. Was so stoked for my first car with factory summer tires and what happens? Mother Nature decides to send me half a foot of snow the same exact day I was to take delivery. I had already purchased my winter tires so I dropped them off at the dealer to install for my delivery. Wouldn't have been able to safely drive it home with the summers. Service was going to "try and squeeze me in" so I could take delivery. Fortunately for their lives they made it work because I was ready to cut a b***h at that point lmao

I'm generally a (mostly) patient guy but I became a crazy person throughout the order process so I completely understand what you're feeling. I even had a spreadsheet going for a while after receiving my VIN that I would use on Mdecoder.com adjusting the VINs of earlier builds trying to calculate my build date - which jumped forward 4 days as me and my spreadsheet had forecasted... Not going to lie I'm slightly embarrassed reading my post right now
Appreciate 1