02-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #17
wwjbd24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Life lesson #1

Straight and to the point. What you say is part of makes you who you are and how other people view you.

Passive aggressively saying "I'm attending a highly selective college" makes you sound like a douche bag with ideas of grandeur who personally believes he is better than everybody around him.

Also, remember, college is the new high school. 30 years ago a high school education was what you needed to concur corporate America. Then it turned into a college education when most began graduating college. Now everybody and their mother has a degree and something and its grad school that tends to be the deal breaker.

So I'm with the guy above that suggest books on interpersonal skills. Most people I know that went to "highly selective colleges" are socially awkward.
hey sorry if i came off the wrong way, i didnt mean to at all. i KNOW im not better than everyone else and did not mean to sound that way. I've had my share of problems and whatnot and do not profess to be perfect in any regard. I only said that because many selective colleges do not have the same social scene as other schools. Note that i did not tell you where i was going until i had a specific question about it.

it's unfortunate that most people you know, who went to highly selective colleges, are socially awkward and fortunately i do not consider myself anything as such. Many of my friends and acquaintances i know have the best personal skills ive ever seen, and have attended some of the most well regarded institutions in the world.

i understand the undergrad degree is very commonplace now and i DO plan on going to grad school, i'm thinking about medicine.

Cheers though, no hard feelings.
Appreciate 0