08-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #11
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Just a friendly reminder...... after staring at my car for a couple hours, I decided to give the front passenger side 1/2 turn.... now it's perfect. If you look at all my notes, it was actually a few mm higher from factory.

Anyway.....Except..... I didn't follow my own advice and disconnect the electrical connection before adjusting.

Poof..... chassis error light. All suspension adjustability is restricted. Grrrr.

NBD... I have a scan tool and cleared the code. Everything is fine now, after a minor panic episode. But, if you don't have a scan tool that can clear codes.... it's a trip to BMW.

So.... I'm re-emphasizing the importance...... DISCONNECT THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION BEFORE DOING ANYTHING...... and MAKE SURE YOU RECONNECT IT BEFORE TURNING THE CAR ON!
I also made some mistake like that when installing them and I also got an error code for the chassis. When you lock the car, give it some time, it will self adjust and clear the code. No scan tool needed to clear the code.
You also can disable the leveling system (for example when you change wheels, it is in the manual). pull or push the level for 7 seconds, release it. and the led that indicates the height will go out. Same thing to activate the system again. I think this is safer to not get any errors..
Appreciate 1