10-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #42
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
as others said. life is short. you don't want to eventually get your supercar at 50-60+ years old with back problems looking like a dummy trying to get out of the carbon buckets or complaining about a heavy clutch making your knee hurt

I mean realistically a 997 GTS is not going to lose a ton of value right ? just think of it as 'moving money' rather than 'losing it'. You will get a large chunk of it back on sale. .

you definitely get diminishing returns as you move up in car prices. Is a 458 3x the car my modded GTR was ? not really imo. But i have no regrets. Owning a supercar was definitely a bucket list item for me. The sounds, the nostalgia, seeing the plaque showing all of the companies F1 victories, the smell inside, the quirks, seeing people drop their jaws.

I probably wont get one again though. Especially a modern one that's turbo+DCT as they have no appeal to me. i find the 991.2 GT3 6 speed more appealing than a Ferrari f8 or 720s.

insurance isn't too bad if you go with specialty insurance like Grundy / Hagerty.
WTF. LOL. I bought my E86 Z4 Coupe 5 years ago when I was 53. Still not decrepit enough to need to sell it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0