01-27-2021, 03:18 AM   #128
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
We are getting a repeat of cars/rules from last season. Merc will win period. Whether it is Bottas, Hamilton, or Russel. It is signed, sealed and delivered.
I agree, 2021 cars are a minor evolution from 2020 and Merc stopped development/upgrades of the 2020 car early last season in order to concentrate on 2021 platform. This truth is that Red Bull, crowing that their car closed the gap in 2020, will struggle because like the previous two seasons Merc were already concentrating on following season. This is why 2022 changes are a big deal.

I disagree that Merc can put anyone in their cars and still win the championship. Bottas was beaten regularly, HAM was not. HAM has outperformed all of his team mates, even Nico (who IMO only won season because HAM car had unusually high mechanical failure rate that season, indeed statistically HAM power unit parts failed more than other Merc engines on the grid combined, a coincidence?).

Finally I am not impressed with Red Bull tactics, Christian Horner (man of repeated protests) pushing for fuel flow rate restrictions for Merc because other engines are less capable is woke BS (yeh, we should all get to win otherwise it’s not fair). To emphasise the stupidity of picking on merc engine fuel flow, well it’s the last thing Williams need in 2021. The fact is F1 should be about the best, the fastest and most challenging, whereas it has been heading down the route of tyre management, micro-management by track officials , fuel management and for some teams ego management. A handicap system turns f1 into a farce, why invest, design or strive if it results in performance restrictions. Losing Honda is a shame, especially as their engine finally started delivering but Red Bull whining will not protect their investment.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-27-2021 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 1