03-27-2024, 02:02 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
The title pretty much says it: When I got home with the car and opened the hatch to get my stuff it would have hit the open garage door above it at the top of its opening if I hadn't stopped it.

I'm coming from a sedan and hadn't though of it; and was also only lackadaisically paying attention, so it was a close one. Others are probably more alert or might think about it in advance because they're coming from another SUV.

Anyhow, it would be pretty sucky to get your first scratch upon arriving home; so... FYI

Oh yeah, my doors are standard height and setting 2 works for staying below the door when open.
Funny you mentioned this. I was visiting a friend who just got a 2024 X5, they too only had sedans prior to the X5. We were loading stuff in the cargo space and I noticed they had already done some paint touchup to the area near the rear Roundel. They saw me looking at it and told me the story, just like yours! So I promptly showed them where to go in iDrive to lower the hatch's opening height. They didn't know you could do that.

Now the issue is that he hits his head on the tailgate, he's rather tall. The way I look at it is his head will heal
Appreciate 4