View Single Post
      05-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #17
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
so my "Overhead Door" garage door openers are almost 30 years old, had them serviced once since i've owned the house. they work great but its time for an update. the boys are getting older and i want them to be able to use a key pad to open the doors and my system is just too old. i had overhead door come by to give me an estimate. $795 installed tax included for two units, outdoor keypad and inside the garage pad. oh and 2 remotes. i looked on Lowes website and their comparable units installed was approximately the same price. thoughts?
Do the install yourself and save $400. I don't know your situation though. A Saturday afternoon in the backyard with your boys while someone else does the hard work might be worth $400.

I've always installed these myself. The first one will take you about 3 hours. The second one will take about 1 hour. Lol. So start at 8, your done by noon, and you can go enjoy your $400.

If you decide to have it professionally installed I'd go with a local company. I NEVER use Lowe's of Home Depot for any installs as they simply contract out and you have no control over who shows up at your place.
Appreciate 1