View Single Post
      12-11-2022, 03:00 PM   #5
Nykrayz
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 x5mc 2023 M8GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroBacon View Post
Awesome - Ive been trying to figure out what tires to run on my 809M - and am thinking about going this route.

I posted in your other thread - is there any warranty concern due to diameter variance?
I don’t have a good answer on that. Thing is I am lowered if anything ever happens to my differential or transfer case I am sure bmw will try to deny it. There is post on here with someone on m8 blowing transfer case apparently bmw denied warranty based on lowers car. Not tires and he was running tires with good variance difference
Way I thought of it is that some people go 22 all around. Some have done 22 front 23 rears. I am sure wheel weight has to add to stress on components as well.

I did research on variance but got no good answer. Some claim 1% and below but as I said stock is 1.3 already. With this setup I am 3.3 ish. It’s my wife’s daily anyways and in 27 or so months only 21k miles. Not really driven much. So I am taking a chance but I am comfortable. One would think if difference between front and rear is significant then traction should be set off
Appreciate 0