View Single Post
      12-26-2023, 07:20 AM   #9
aug0211
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

I snapped off the tabs from the “new” (red) button and dremeled them down to be flush.

After this, I decided to dremel the entire back surface and finish it with some fine sand paper to thin the entire button down a bit. I did this because I had read in this thread that it did not emit as much of the light as the stock option does.

I wasn’t sure what to use for adhesive (it appears that at least in my case, the old button was held on just with an adhesive and not clips). I wanted something clear (don’t block the light) and also not permanent to start - but sturdy enough that the button doesn’t fall out. I decided on clear double sided tape for now. Unfortunately I had none, so I took some of the standard Scotch single sided tape (which is notably matte/satin finish and not clear) and did the old loop-it-over-on-itself trick.

Oddly the button seems to stick well with this approach, and the light emitted matched factory from what I saw last night in my garage with the overhead lights off.

Ironically, now that it’s in, I don’t know if I love it or if I should go back to the OEM option. Might work better with black leather and carbon finish, but with my tartufo and carbon I’m undecided.
Appreciate 0