11-26-2020, 07:08 AM   #18
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Want to see the "Touring" variant. With 911's I always love the "less is more" approach to design, although not like I wouldn't gladly accept the keys to a winged GT3

Overall I still find the 991.2 to be better from an exterior design standpoint (although I do love the 992's lightbar) but interior wise the 992's interior is much more modern. Regardless, both look great.
They're beautiful, but always felt like the .2 Touring was a novelty more than anything. Answered a problem that never was, i.e., someone wants a GT3 but just can't get past the wing. I know the demand was there, but with the 4.0 and 6MT it would have been there with a ducktail too, or whatever they did...

Especially with the spoiler active on the Touring the contrast isn't very stark. Nothing like .2 GT3 to .2 RS, for example.

Standard model is busier and more polarizing this time. If they stay consistent with understated design, 992 Touring will be a real contrast and gorgeous with the light bar. Just due to the top mounted wing alone I can understand strong preference for a Touring.

992 GT3 is immediately more modern, focused, and aggressive. Think the 991.2 goes down as the more beautiful car by some margin.

Could make the argument the 991 cleaned up some of the 997's design, it's sleeker, with better flow and integration throughout. No similar progression 991 to 992 GT3. 992 looks out of the Motorsport dep. Fine by me, but pretty different design language.

Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
clutchdj1878.50