View Single Post
      10-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #55
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

I ordered my G05 with air suspension and the factory-installed trailer hitch. The ability to self-level after added trailer tongue weight was a positive (on top of the other benefits stated in this thread).

I tow (twice a year) a 4900 lb power boat about 25 miles and every weekend, a 2000 lb sailboat - sometimes long distance. Air suspension will be a great addition.

I ordered no Off-Road package. If you read about air suspension in the user's manual, BMW actually outlines the air suspension's setting for each off-road condition and on-road driving setting (eco pro, comfort, sport, etc). My "air suspension only" G05 will self adjust the height to the on-road driving settings - I can manually adjust the height to "off-road" situations. Yeah, there is no diff lock without the Off-Road package, but I rarely see the conditions listed in the pre-determined off-road settings (gravel, snow, sand, etc) - with snow being the most frequent here in New England. My E70 does just fine in the snow with xDrive - I'm assuming the G05 wont be any worse in the snow.

Last edited by lumpydog; 10-30-2018 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0