View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Remote Software Upgrade - I took my case to the BBB

Fed up with not getting a response from BMW, I raised a complaint to the Better Business Bureau for the lack of Remote Software Upgrades.

Here is BMW's official response:

Quote:
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your recent complaint to the Better Business Bureau regarding your Remote Software Upgrade (RSU) concerns.

It was with great disappointment that we read of your concerns regarding your 2019 BMW X5's RSU functionality. Please be assured that RSUs are enabled for your X5 and going forward, you will be able to use this feature to help keep your X5's software up to date. We can confirm that an RSU has not yet been launched for this vehicle, however we are anticipating the launch of our first RSUs in the coming months.

It is important to note that RSUs are intended to bring software updates to vehicles that have not yet been programmed by an authorized BMW service center. Please note that because your X5 was reprogrammed during your recent service appointment, its software has already been brought up to date with all of the new features that would have otherwise been introduced by the planned RSU.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Customer Interaction Centre at 1-800-567-2691. Thank you for your business.

Sincerely,

Kelsey Bartholomew
Case Manager
BMW Canada
I think I ended up with what I expected - they didn't commit to anything, but at least now this complaint and their response are a matter of public record on the BBB's website.
Appreciate 8