05-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #5
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Ok so here is the link to file a complaint with BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

I had considered a more complicated complaint to include a description of all the technology that was not available when I purchased the car but that has now been turned on (e.g. Automatic Collision Avoidance System, Cornering Fog Lights etc.) however I decided to exclude those aspects as they have now been enabled.

Body of my complaint:

Quote:
I purchased a 20XX G05 X5 on dd-mmm-yyyy (VIN: 5UXJU2C54KXXXXXXX) which was advertised as having Over The Air Remote Software Update capability. This feature has never worked and I understand that it is has never been available in US/Canada to date. As a result, I have had to return my vehicle to the Dealer on three separate occasions to receive software updates to enable functionality that was not included when the car was manufactured, despite being advertised as such as well as software updates to address quality issues. I have attempted to contact BMW on a number of occasions, by email, phone and social media to clarify when this feature will be enabled and they have never responded.
Desired resolution:

Quote:
I would like to understand when the Remote Software Update feature will be enabled on my vehicle and if there is not a plan to do so, what other compensation BMW will provide for the product not conforming with the advertised specification.
For info, I have rejected their initial response and here is the body of my rebbutal:

Quote:
Please clarify if my vehicle will be included in the "first RSUs" that are planned to be rolled out in the "coming months".
Appreciate 0