Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
It is also listed as a standard feature and the user's manual documents how-to, no disclaimer or footnote. While the configurator lists the feature as RSU-capable i think it is silly as it never worked for almost 1.5 years now, possibly at least til end of year.
Yes. I am very surprised that someone hasn't already initiated a Class Action Lawsuit for this colossal disaster. Seems to me that they never tested it in the real world before they started claiming it was an implemented and current working feature of these vehicles.

It's next to impossible to hold any of these manufacture's responsible for their disastrous screw ups. I suspect they add the cost of multi million dollar lawsuits into the cost of the vehicle. Bottom line is I don't believe they give a rats ass.
I get your frustration but not being able to remote update is hardly a colossal disaster IMHO ..... if it was a fundamental feature missing then I get it but this in no way affects the performance or your use of the vehicle (or does it ? ) .... for me the more frustrating aspect would be to be told by a dealer that no update is available when it clearly is. It didn't happen to me but to many others.