View Single Post
      05-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #12
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

I also adjusted my mirror this way, but there is a big problem - bicycles. In city driving, you cannot see the bicycles in the mirror when doing right turns, or if there is a bike lane. Even though cyclists are not supposed to pass you on your right from behind when you are turning right, but a lot don't care. Or if there is bike lane and the cyclists have the right of way, you have to be even more cautious as they are going at high speed across the intersection. So I am forced to adjust the mirror back to seeing the side of car, as the side mirror has the best angle to detect approaching bicycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
1. Get in your drivers seat, adjust it to your liking, two hands on the wheel, arms slightly bent and then set the memory so you can always get to that position again
2. Place your face against the drivers window so you are looking at the drivers side view mirror. Basically your head is just kissing the glass.
3. Adjust the drivers side mirror horizontally so you can see down the drivers side of your car a little, not a lot.
4. Adjust the vertical position of the mirror to your liking but you will need to be able to pickup a low height sports car as well as a semi truck.
5. Now place your head directly above the center console and do the same for the passenger side mirror.
6. With those adjustments, get into the center lane of a three lane freeway and while sitting in the normal driving position, two hands on the wheel, arms slightly bent, simply turn your head to look out both mirrors and make any final, minor adjustments. Try not to lean left or right when looking out the mirrors.
7. You will want to see the same car in your rear view mirror that you do in your side view mirrors. You will not see 100% of the car in both mirrors at the same time.

Last edited by nosnoop; 05-12-2020 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0