View Single Post
      03-01-2024, 05:39 AM   #9
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC, 19 330I, 19 z06 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by R///MG View Post
The weight increase on the LCI you don't notice at all. In fact the added electric motor has eliminated the turbo lag the pre LCI has in comfort mode. If you want to drive around in M1 or M2 mode all the time with the engine in higher revs all the time getting terrible milage just to eliminate lag that's an option too. I personally like that I can get better MPG and be easier on the IC engine and not feel any lag.

I will say you're right in the interior design of the pre LCI vs the LCi. The hood over the driver side dash is something they should have kept. Not having that hood takes away a bit of the sportiness design and makes it feel a little more like a generic smart car somewhat like a Tesla.
The weight is there. Notice or not. The truck is heavy enough it doesn’t need any more weight. Especially when the added weight and complexity of the battery junk brings nothing in terms of preference to the table. I feel almost no appreciable lag in comfort mode. I dd in m1 mode with everything maxed except the chassis in softest setting. Trans in the second s slot. Revs aren’t to high unless your getting on the throttle or brakes heavy etc. I like the car to feel a lil aggressive and more performance feeling so that’s how I drive. Now with the engine on the softest setting the might be a bit of lag I guess but not terrible as it need tuned to be relaxed intentionally. I don’t think this silly battery system has much to with the lag in comfort. I believe that’s an intentional tune decision on the pre lci. Just like the slightly firmer suspension on the pre lci is slightly stiffer. Again I believe inherently baked into the cake by design. My m2 is exert thing maxed including chassis and trans on 3 and awd to sport. I use auto shifting abs sometimes manual depending on mood. Love the car.

Oh last thing. I get same mileage with engine in maxed out sport off in the laziest setting. I don’t see a difference.
Appreciate 0