nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroler View Post
Has this issue been fixed more broadly? I ask because I can't get my '22 45e to turn off.
it's not a vehicle "issue". it’s usually your behavior/routine as you leave. if done correctly and contrary to what some folks will tell you, there’s no need to lock the door just to get the lights to turn off, and you don’t need to enable “lock when walking away” either if you don’t like that setting. I don’t, but my 45e turns off consistently and is unlocked in the garage. see tips below:

formally ending the trip will help which means pressing the Start/Stop button before opening the door. (make sure you're NOT pressing the brake pedal at the same time when pressing the button!) just opening the door before ending your trip just leaves the vehicle in an idle state.

there are other settings to consider:
- enable “unlock at end of trip”. upon pressing the Start/Stop button to end the trip, the door(s) will unlock (exactly which door(s) is up to you)
- enable “turn off vehicle when opening door”. many people think this addresses the engine, but it actually addresses the ELECTRONICS.

both of these settings will get you into the habit of pressing the Start/Stop button before you exit since both require you to press it in order to function properly. you should see the vehicle lights and electronics turn off consistently

FWIW, my wife has had bimmers since 2009, and we pretty much know how the vehicle is programmed to behave. i'm even adept to recognizing subtle changes in their programming over the years. i used to drive Audis prior, and their behavior is different, but had no issues adapting when i got my first bimmer, the 45e a couple years ago, which i really enjoy. learning the nuances can be frustrating but need to be understood so you don't become frustrated.

if the vehicle electronics stay on for some reason (it happens but rarely if above is followed), simply press and hold the radio VOL button for 2-3 seconds to shut down
Appreciate 2
FLYSWA30.50