03-18-2023, 10:59 AM   #33
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
The entire market is up its the new normal. People need to deal with the pay to play.

How much is a gallon of milk today vs what it was in 2019 or any fast food?

At some point everyone will need a new car and it is what it is.

Interest rates could easily be had a 0-1% 16 months ago ...today it's 6-9% with good credit .
Main reason in the US now is not supply chain but because we still have very low unemployment rate, people willing to leverage up their debt to pre pandemic levels after reducing debt and people treating luxury as a need vs luxury.

We also have less competition now across the board due to PE funds owning all sorts of companies (not saying PE is bad, but it is what it is) so being able to control supply for in elastic goods to increase prices.

These are cyclical trends and eventually consumers will run out of runway to pay…the moment a recession is declared we’ll see prices fall rapidly since inventory is building up but not being sold…

So, we’ll see. I am with Alan in that, if I were in his shoes I would also wait rather than pay the extra BMW price increase since their own costs have not gone up at the same level. How do we know? Their profits and margins are both at record levels. That’s how we know they are simply leveraging their power over consumers.

I can’t believe people were paying $15K market adjustments for Kia SUVs a few months back! You can literally get them at MSRP and even below now - same model!
Appreciate 2